From the Newsround Website


Water bug shuts 14 schools

Fourteen schools in Northamptonshire have been shut because their tap water has been infected by a bug.

 

Water in the schools, and more than 100,000 homes, isn’t safe to drink without being boiled first because of the bug, called cryptosporidium.

The bug causes stomach upsets, and the schools are shut while experts try to find out how it got in the water.

Vans equipped with loudspeakers have been sent out across the north of Northamptonshire to warn people.

Although water in the area should be boiled if it’s going to be used for drinking, preparing food or cleaning your teeth, it is safe to wash in.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/newsid_7470000/newsid_7473200/7473251.stm

Please take the time to comment...

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s